VediCana Tulsi Powder
Tulsi or Holy Basil is a renowned herb known for its extremely beneficial capabilities. Botanical Name of Tulsi is Ocimum sanctum. Native of India and cultivated throughout Southeast Asia. Considered sacred in Hindu families, known as Queen of Herbs. In India we grow 3 types of Tulsi. 1. Bright Green Leaves called Ram Tulsi 2. Purplish green leaves called Krishna Tulsi. 3. Common wild Vana Tulsi.
Nutritional Value of Tulsi.
Amount per 100gm serving provides;
Calories – 22
Benefits of Tulsi proved through research.
1.Natural Immune Booster:-Rich in Vitamin C and Zinc which acts as a natural immune booster. Anti-bacterial, Anti-viral and Anti-fungal protects us from various infections.
2.Reduces Pain and Fever: Tulsi powder which is Anti-viral and Anti-bacterial properties helps in fighting infection hence reduces fever. Eugenol, a terpene with pain-relieving properties found in Tulsi reduces aches in the body.
3.Reduces Cold, Cough & Other Respiratory Disorders:
Compound like Camphene, cineole and eugenol present in Tulsi help reduce cold and congestion in the chest. Tulsi powder mixed with honey and ginger is effective in bronchitis, asthma, influenza, cough and cold.
4.Reduces Stress & Blood Pressure:
Tulsi contains compounds Ocimumosides A and B. These compounds reduce stress and balance the neurotransmitters serotonin and dopamine in the brain. The anti-inflammatory properties of Tulsi reduce inflammation and blood pressure.
5. Good for Heart Health:
Effect of Tulsi on the treatment and prevention of cardiovascular diseases by lowering blood lipid content, suppressing ischemia and stroke, reducing hypertension accessed due to its higher antioxidant properties.
6. Good for Diabetes Patients:
Extract of Tulsi leaves has shown to lower blood glucose levels in patients with type 2 Diabetes.
7. Good for Skin & Hair:
Tulsi helps clear blemishes and acne. Antioxidants present in Tulsi helps to prevent premature ageing and strengthens hair roots.The antifungal properties of Tulsi prevent the development of fungus and dandruff to provide overall benefits in hair care. You can prepare a Tulsi powder paste with water and addition of few essential oil drops or lemon drops to prepare a paste to treat your hair problems.
How to Consume Tulsi?
• We can Consume Tulsi raw leaves or can add to our tea.
• Home madeTulsi tea: To make tulsi tea, boil 1 cup of water and pour it over 1/3 tsp of tulsi powder. After 15 to 20 minutes strain the water and add little bit honey as per taste.
Side Effects of Consuming Tulsi.
• Tulsi may affect the reproductive capacity of women who are trying to conceive.
• Possibilities of nausea or diarrhoea observed in few cases.
• As Tulsi may lower blood sugar, should be used with caution in people who have diabetes and are on blood-sugar-lowering medication.
• However contact your family physician to get the best out of Holy Basil Powder.